Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Letting Go

After almost a year of a long distance relationship it has come clear this last month it's not going to work.He has young kids and mine are out of the house for the most part.I cannot move to where he is and he cannot leave his kids and come here.

The hardest and saddest part for me is letting go of the emotional connection we share.It was one l have never had with any man.It's killing us both to let go.He wants to be friends and l thought l would be okay with it.

Until this weekend when he told me he has signed up on a online dating site.All of a sudden the thought of him dating other women made me sick to my stomach.That is when l realized that being friends was out of the question.I don't want to know he is dating.The thought of him kissing someone else makes me see red not green right now.

I hurt it hurts so bad.The days are not so bad l go to work.But the nights are killing me right now this was the time we would talk.I have cried as many tears as l thought l could and sometimes more come.

It scares me that at my age will l ever make a connection like this again?Most likely not is the thought of my girlfriends making me feel even worse.

Why is it just when you think this time l got it right?

It's taken away from you like a good nights sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment